On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, John Francis wrote:

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 01:06:14PM +0100, Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Dario Bonazza wrote:

Of course, we'd like something better. The new AF540FGZ flash can make our
good hopes grow...

I was quite pleased with the announcement. But it looks very bad to me
compared with the 500. What do people think? I tend to associate
stylish, down to earth design with attention to detail, durability
etc, and this does not give good vibes.

Personally I don't see anything that the 500 does better,
and I see a whole lot of things that the 500 doesn't do.

Yup, feature-wise it is what we all, flash-users needed. The comments on the build of the 360 I recall were not great, and the 540 resembles the 360 more than the 500.

I hope I am wrong in all accounts above.

Kostas