As usual in these cases, he was back in the government faster than you can
say 'revolving door'. There is now speculation that he will soon return as
Home Secretary (Minister of the Interior). He was the most illiberal,
authoritarian Home Secretary I can remember. For the sake of administrative
convenience, hiding behind the terrorism threat, he is prepared in a moment
to sign away the rights and freedoms for which generations have fought over
hundreds of years. So naturally Blair wants him back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/vote_2005/frontpage/4521577.stm

--
Cheers,
 Bob