From: Scott Loveless [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 27 September 2005 1:15 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: auto focus body recommendation solicitation

Howdy, gang!

A very brief background before I get to my question:
I have a K1000, MX, *ist(film), 6 M series primes, and two auto focus
zooms.  The *ist's complete lack of metering with the M lenses has
become frustrating.  So I'm in the market for a body that will fully
support all the K mount lenses I currently own.  The MZ-S is the logical
choice here, but the budget (read: wife) says no.

I'm considering either an ZX-5(n) or a PZ-1(p).  After digging through
Boj's site, I'm still unsure about the differences between the ZX-5 and
the ZX-5n, and between the PZ-1 and the PZ-1p.  The latter of both
models seems to be a bit more desirable, but are the differences
significant enough to warrant ruling out the previous models?  Would
those of you with experience using these bodies have any
recommendations, advice, alternatives, etc.?

Also, I've never really understood hyper manual and hyper program.
Would anyone care to briefly describe them?

Thanks a bunch!

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com