To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: Best M42 Camera?

I've owned and used a number of screwmount cameras. While I liked the Fuji
801 very much, I found it a bit fragile. I broke the advance mechanism on
two of them. One got ten years of use or so and probably about 3000 rolls
of film. That's all one can expect. The second one lasted only a couple of
months. My all time favorite is the Spotmatic F. The meter isn't as
advanced as the Fuji, but the camera feels better in terms of workmanship.
And it seems to be very tough. Of course it will give you open aperture
metering with all those wonderful SMC Tak lenses. That's a very good
thing.
Paul