I didn't see the original. I'll bet it never made it here. This doesn't do a lot for me. I'm left feeling that I'm looking at this scene from the wrong angle. I do like the tonality and contrast level.
Paul
On Nov 29, 2005, at 11:12 PM, Scott Loveless wrote:

Hey, Frank! I never got the original, either. I don't mind the composition or the blur. I rather like the blur, actually. It's the brightness that doesn't do it for me. Not that it's a bad characteristic, but it just doesn't have that dark, gritty night time feel that I've come to expect from your music photos.

See what happened?  You photographed your way into a niche.  <g>

frank theriault wrote:
I sent this two days ago, and got not a single comment.  Maybe lots of
people looked, and simply weren't compelled to comment.  However, just
in case it didn't make the list, I'll resend it.  If you weren't
inclined to comment the first time, don't feel you have to now <vbg>.
-frank
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Nov 27, 2005 7:57 PM
Subject: PAW: The Dave Young Quartet, Take 2
To: PDML <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
It's still pretty fuzzy (except that the bass is kind of sharp <g>),
as I had to shoot handheld at 1/15th, but I like this much better than
the first one:
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3910767&size=lg
I when I left my house that morning, I had no idea that I'd be
catching this concert that afternoon;  I was completely unprepared for
shooting low-light that day.  I had a fresh roll of HP5+ that I pushed
two stops, but I'd have rather shot that with an LX/K f1.2 50mm and a
roll of Neopan 1600 pushed to 3200.
But, under those difficult conditions, I'm pretty satisfied with this
one (much more than the last one that I posted of this concert).
Thanks for looking and commenting (should you choose to).
cheers,
frank