I know WW will cringe when i say this, but, I'm planning a 12' by 33' addition to the
house
soon,with full additional basement,and then i may be able to do things like this.Plus it
will give
me additional room for the computer and darkroom, should supplies still be available.:-)

I think thats the way to do it. You are doing 100% new construction, with minimal demolition.

Are you planning on taking out the basement wall between the addition and the house? It would be a fairly major undertaking, but it would also be very doable, and would give you a huge basement.. Make sure you plan for a new furnace and AC, that's enough extra air volume to heat that unless the one you have now is ridiculously oversized, you will likely be replacing. If you are not planning a two story addition, you should be. The extra cost to do it will not be prohibitive when compared to the overall project cost for a single story.
Web trusses are worth the extra money over solid 2x8.
Were I to do it again, I would not use 2x4 construction, I would go to 2x6, and if code allowed it, 24 on center to maximize R value, and if I could swing it, I would strip the siding off the original structure and clad the entire thing in styrofoam insulation as well. You'll probably have to do a new electrical drop. Don't let anyone disuade you from bringing in 160 or so amps. One hundred amps just doesn't cut it anymore. I will probably be bringing in another 60 amps at some point.
So much to think about...
b..