From: Keith McGuinness [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, 24 December 2005 5:07 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Another introduction, and Happy Seasonings

Seeing Perry de-lurk (un-lurk?) has prompted me to take the same
(big) step, although I have only been lurking for about 18 days.

I'm a lapsed Pentax user, happily returned to the fold. The first
real camera I owned was (actually, is, as I still have it) a
Pentax Super-A, bought in 1984 (along with a few lenses, flash
and other bits and pieces). I loved using that camera but...a
familiar story...got doing other things...

As some others have found, the convenience [For me! No debate
will be entered into!] of working digitally revitalised my
interest in photography (as a hobby, although I teach biology and
do use my pictures for that). When I finally decided to get a
digital SLR I found, to my great delight, that I could get a
Pentax AND use my old lenses. So I am now the pleased owner of an
*ist DL (the DS2 not being available here -- Darwin, Australia --
or so I was told, perhaps wrongly; and, anyway, I like the DL
just fine).

I find the volume of messages on the list a bit daunting but
there's some great stuff here. And I like the idea of PESO, PAW
and PAD.

Best wishes to all, where-ever you are and what-ever you are
celebrating!

Keith

PS As a biologist, it's probably not too surprising that I mostly
take (or try to take) nature shots...
http://www.users.bigpond.com/keith.mcguinness/ph/peso/index.html