On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:49:21 -0000, Adam Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

John Forbes wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:59:37 -0000, Sylwester Pietrzyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 2006-01-19, at 22:47, Mark Roberts wrote:

BTW: Pentax is rumored to be working on exactly this kind of
"in-between-sized" sensor, though I'm not convinced of the validity of
the rumors myself.

For me it would be enough if Pentax used the same 10 MPix APS-C sensor as the one in Nikon D200, especially that it is rumoured as being of Sony production...

With Sony buying the remains of Minolta, I am very glad Pentax got into bed with Samsung when they did. Nikon must be feeling a little exposed right now.

John

Nikon's got enough volume that they don't need to worry too much, somebody will always be willing to sell sensors t them. Pentax doesn't.

-Adam

How many manufacturers of suitable high quality optical sensors are there? They don't exactly grow on trees. I suspect that Nikon are camped out at Rochester right now, cap in hand.

John