From: David Savage [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 23 January 2006 9:54 PM
To: PDML
Subject: Avalibility of DA 10-17 Fisheye in Oz

G'day all,

I received a rather disturbing email today. In response to my
enquiries into the price & availability of the new DA 10-17 Fisheye:

"Have spoken with rep for CR Kennedy (Pentax Australia)
And have been informed that the lens you are after is not yet available
in
Australia, no release date for it yet either (the rep seems unsure if it
will even be imported at this stage).
It has been released in USA and suggest you look at importing it
yourself,
or trying E-BAY."

While I wasn't expecting it being available locally yet, I found it
disturbing that "the rep seems unsure if it will even be imported at
this stage". I already knew that I could get one from the States. I
guess CR Kennedy wants us to buy Sigma instead.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but I'd be disappointed if CRK
don't end up importing it. I'd be interested in knowing what others in
Australia are hearing.

Dave