On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:12:54 -0000, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In a message dated 1/24/2006 3:03:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, John Forbes wrote:

As for the rest, I think you underestimate the power of your own voice.
The person who started this thread said he had read that Pentax was in
financial difficulties.  How many other people have read one of Herb's
posts and believed it? According to Herb's prognostications, Pentax went
bust six months ago.

Let me tried to understand this: is the imaging division of Pentax now
making profit? That's the one Herb was saying was a loss-maker. He always
said that the company, as a whole, was making money.

According to their latest report (2005.11.09: Interim Report on Settlement
of
Accounts ( Consolidated ) for Business Year Ending March 31, 2006), the
imaging division made an operating loss.

The company as a whole is profitable.

Which is what Herb has always said. Of course he guessed whether the
company would close down the loss-making division, but of course all
anyone can do about that is guess.

Kostas
========
Yes, I agree. Herb may have been dubious about Pentax's future, but he did
not distort the figures. He reported the financial facts accurately.

And selectively.

John

Marnie aka Doe