The mail program is threading the messages automatically. If you select "Write" instead of "Reply" you will start a new thread. Depending upon your email program you may be able to just type the first few letters of the "To:" line, "pentax-discuss@pdml.net", or you may need to copy and paste it from an existing message.

To reiterate, any "good" email program will add your message to the existing thread no matter what you change the subject line to if you hit "reply".

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
http://webpages.charter.net/graywolf
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

Tom C wrote:
I, as many others are having problems receiving all the messages fron the list, often not my own. I'm not blaming this on any of the PDML list inner workings. Is is in general aggravating.

I am curious though... Sometimes I'll reply to an existing PDML e-mail in order to have the pentax-discuss@pdml.net appear automatically in the To: field. I then erase the body of the message and substitute my own subject line. However, when I look in the archives, I see my sent message embedded in the earlier thread ***even though the subject line has changed***.

Tom C.