> From: Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2006/05/10 Wed AM 07:43:44 GMT
> To: "pentax list" <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
> Subject: Re: GESO - Jelly Fish Waltz
>
> On 9/5/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED], discombobulated, unleashed:
>
> >Shot at Monterey Bay Aquarium about two weeks ago. Usual disclaimers: shot
> >through glass, through water, moving subjects, dark room, using high ISO and
> >large f stop.
> >
> >These are either the best or the ones I thought were the most interesting
> >examples of jelly fish movement. Row three is probably the weakest.
> >
> >For those of you who take time to look, I wouldn't mind knowing which #
> >numbers you like best. I am thinking of printing up 4-5 and hanging them
> >side by
> >side. I know my favorites are #1 and #2, so I'd like input on any others you
> >think might be print worthy.
> >
> >Throw some slow classical music, maybe a waltz, maybe the Blue Danube,
> on the
> >ipod (or the cd or tape player).
> >
> >Jelly Fish Waltz
> >http://members.aol.com/eactivist/JELLIES/
>
> Well done Marnie, really really nice. I know you shot them the right way
> up, but not being Marine Boy, I always see jellyfish with legs dangling
> down. Try rotating a couple through 180 :-)

I thought this when I first saw Bruce's(?) shots but it is standard jellyfish
behaviour.  They go deep in daylight.  If the pictures are inverted (I tried it
with earlier shots) they (mostly - it could work with some shots) look really
wierd, because the sun appears to be coming from underneath.

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software