I did testing with the FA20-35 against the DA16-45 when I had both. The latter is a fine lens, but I found the imaging qualities of the FA20-35 more to my liking (and more similar to the FA35). The FA20-35 is much smaller and lighter than the DA16-45 ... it feels like a prime rather than a big zoom. (It's actually not so much that it is *that* much smaller as that it doesn't trombone noticeably in use, and it weighs half as much, so the balance is a lot better in the hand.)

Godfrey