On Aug 17, 2006, at 4:32 PM, Jack Davis wrote:

> Only problem is, I tend to examine even prints with a loupe, at least
> intelectually speaking. In a way, it's like having 500 hp under the
> hood but not needing it or using it. Still a rush knowing it's there.
> Does one "need" camera RAW, etc, etc..?

My Epson Stylus Pro 7500 is very old, slow and low-res by today's
standards, and yet people find the results breathtaking.

It's not at all about the droplet size, it's about learning to get the
most out of your printer -- if you can't use the thing to its fullest
potential, your prints will be lacking to matter how small your
droplets are.

It's one of those things where people obsess over the wrong part of the
technology.

-Aaron