On 8/31/06 7:49 AM, "Sylwester Pietrzyk", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Exactly, space for powerzoom contacts was provided in K100D
> prototype, but it seems it disappeared in production K100D...

People in Japan are reporting the same thing.  They say the holes are sealed
but could be pried open, but they are not sure if the contacts are there
(they see metal protrusion or something).  I do not know what sort of seal
it is but someone described it "peel off" or something.

I guess what's happening is that the mount component is shared between K100D
and K10D but those two contacts are disabled for K100D.  Speculation (with
some wishful thinking) is that these are definitely for USM (which is pretty
well accepted as the fact over there) and when USM lenses do come out, K100D
users could bring it to the service centres for the activation (which I sort
of doubt.  It's a lot of qty and clog the service centres).  Why doe Pentax
have to do such an elaborate thing?

I'm sure K10Ds will have these activated :-).

Cheers,

Ken