On 31.08.2006, at 14:15 , K.Takeshita wrote:

> I guess what's happening is that the mount component is shared
> between K100D
> and K10D but those two contacts are disabled for K100D.
> Speculation (with
> some wishful thinking) is that these are definitely for USM (which
> is pretty
> well accepted as the fact over there) and when USM lenses do come
> out, K100D
> users could bring it to the service centres for the activation
> (which I sort
> of doubt.  It's a lot of qty and clog the service centres).  Why
> doe Pentax
> have to do such an elaborate thing?
It would be interesting to have possibility of adapting K100D for USM
lenses ;-) But it is also possible that they planned to include USM
support in K100D and dropped it because it wasn't complete and they
wanted to bring K100D to market as quick as possible. I'd love it to
be wrong however!

> I'm sure K10Ds will have these activated :-).
I'm pretty sure too ;-)

Best regards,
Sylwek