I had to try one Peter ... just to know I could do it.  Hard to say how
successful it is as I don't care much for such photos.  A few months ago I
asked for people to send me samples of their flower pics, just to get some
ideas for this little experiment.  Looking at lighting, framing, subject,
etc., it seemed that this might fit the genre to some degree.  I wasn't
looking to break new ground, just to do something that fit what seemed to
be a generally accepted style and to see if I could do it.

Shel