Bob wrote:

> Two thoughts...
> 1) The next flagship may be a 645, as noted before.

The flagship has exclusively mentioned in the context of 35mm

> 2) The smooth textures and subtle tones Pål talked about may be the next 'edge' for
>film vs digital photos and cameras.  >The imaging CCD gets so big that even Moore's
>Law may not make it economical to market.

In several markets, probably world wide, medium format sales are on decrease. My
Pentax rep told me that in Norway the total annual sales of MF is about 300 cameras a
year; also last year. So far this year there has been sold only 44.
It's particularly those who cater the studio market, like eg. Hasselblad, that
suffers. Pentax didn't didn't suffer that much since they mostly sell to nature
photographers. The culprit is of course digital. Its a worringly trend.
As a sidenote, sales of higher end 35mm reflexes are also on the decline by 10-20%
based on manufacturing volumes in Japan.
What is MF future if a digital MF solution turns out too expensive?

Pål