On 9/12/06 4:32 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Please clarify. I clueless about what an O ring type seal is.

O ring is usually made of rubber (for most low presure applications.
sometimes a thin tubular metal etc) with a circular cross section.  It is
used to seal the circular objects and in some applications, withstand quite
a bit of pressure.

When taking a look at the sealing diagram, it was indicated that there was a
ring type seal around the lens mount and I simply assumed it's an O ring.
I cannot tell whether it is on the mount surface or circumferential.  If
it's on the mount surface, any lens can be sealed. It may be bit harder to
retain the ring in place but O rings are usually very easy to replace.

Ken