On 13/9/06, cbwaters, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Will it know if you're shooting vertical and write the image so it's right
>way round when you download?

Vertical orientation sensor.

Sure it's a plus, but to be honest I wish I could switch it off on the
1D. There are times when I would like to see the pic on the LCD on the
back in 'full frame' view, instead of rotated to the height of the
shortest dimension (for framing assessment etc). Ideally, it would mark
the pic as being rotated which ever way, but display in the camera as
non-rotated. This make sense?

--

Cheers,
  Cotty