On 20/09/06, Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280025387840
>
> I assume the seller is Shel but I don't suck up to his drivel, so here's
> may take:
>
> There are two references to payment.
>
> The first is:
> ----------
> PAYMENT:   For this auction I will only accept a bank or postal money
> order. Payment should reach me within five days of the days of the
> auction's close. Shipment only within the US on this item. Sorry.
> Contact me directly for details on where to send your payment.
> ------------
> ('Postal money order' I presume is a money order that you send in the
> post. It's not specific.)
>

> Then:
> -------------
> Payment methods accepted
> Money order/Cashiers check
> --------------
>

> If the buyer sends a Western Union money order, he has complied with the
> terms of the auction, end of story.

No a Postal Money order in the US is a USPS money order. I'm the
opposite to Shel I specifically refuse to accept payment by USPS money
orders ( as it's very difficult for me to walk into a US PO to cash
them). Yet I've had people insist that USPS money orders are as good
as cash and then get in a big huff when I say that I have to send it
back. Shel has every right to specify payment options which are
acceptable to him and shouldn't have to bend to the wishes of the
ignorant purchaser.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA