There are obvious areas where highlights could not be controlled,
you're absolutely right. I was looking more at skin tones and hair, on
the guitarist, for example.
I found the high contrast Kodak UC highlights very difficult to
control. I also, wanted to acknowledge the problem you may have been
referencing with your "scanner" comment.

Jack