It diaphragm actuator may be linear in the K-M lenses in accordance with
diameter, but it doesn't have to be, for the K specification only the
simulator has to be accurate since the diaphragm actuator moves it's
entire travel distance with each exposure.  As long as the aperture
stops closing at the stop specified on the aperture ring.

--
Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler.

                        --Albert Einstein