Gonz wrote:

> No, in this case it was airmail all the way to UK.  But you
> would think that it would have cleared customs by now and
> been delivered.  I suspect that customs is the hold up.

FWIW, most of the few items I have bought from the US have arrived as quick
as, if not quicker, than items posted within the UK. Except one, which
naturally was an expensive item, which took just over ten weeks to arrive.
I'd given up hope of ever seeing it arrive and couldn't trace it. When it
did, I could see from the labels that it took just about 24 hours to fly the
several thousand miles to the UK. Ten weeks to the day later, the postman
delivered a ransom note from Parcelforce, demanding import duty and admin
fee, and having paid some minutes after receiving it, it was delivered the
following day.

Nice :-(

Malcolm