On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, John Celio wrote:

> And anyway, are you really going to tell your relatives, who probably don't
> care about this "aperture simulator" doohickey, to go buy a Nikon?

When the -D and the -DL were the only DSLRs available in the UK I was
as warmly positive about the offerings as possible (which is mildly,
though I offered free access to my numerous lenses), then told my
mates to do their own research. Guess what, they bought Canon. It is
not just the aperture simulator, it's a combination of things. But
compared to the perfect image (note the wording) of Canon, the kludge
is, well, kludgy.

Kostas