On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, John Celio wrote:

> They had money to burn, but the
> way I saw it, they were too greedy to pay for the services I/we provided.

How many of them used the service? How many had already done the
research, asked for specific items then asked to pay?

> wanted to punch them in the face.  I could understand Joe Shmoe needing a
> discount, but Daddy Warbucks?  No, sir.

So what was your social policy? Did you offer Joe Shmoe a discount if
they were too shy to ask? Were you asking to see the payslip of people
asking for a discount? How could you tell? And was your policy
consistent with the shop's?

I send my films to be developed at the other side of the country. It
appears to be a small lab, but it's not local. I chose them because
they have Fuji equipment and paper, but I would choose a mail-order
house anyway, as I don't need to take the film there nor pick it up, a
service that my local labs do not provide (actually someone tried to
charge me more for the privilege).

There are reasons for everything. I am conscious to shop from the
little shops, but I won't take local tat because it's local. YMMV.

Kostas