8-)  Apart from hating housework with a passion, your methodology is almost
idential to mine.  I do prefer clothes dried outside in the wind, though.
Stuff put through the drier gets done at minimum temp and time.  Mainly because
it knackers the elastic in my knickers, otherwise.

> From: "Shel Belinkoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2006/11/03 Fri PM 05:23:08 GMT
> To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
> Subject: Re: Best way to clean those difficult Multicoatings?
>
> Hi Mike ....
>
> I never thought you'd ask <LOL>
>
> First, allow me to preface my comment by saying that I like to do laundry
> (I also like to iron), and have taken the time to learn the best way to
> wash certain fabrics, remove stains, and, likewise, use the clothes dryer.
> It's amazing what one can learn by reading the instruction manuals and
> doing some outside reading.
>
> That said, it's important not to over soap the wash load in which the lens
> cleaning T-shirt is laundered.  All too often more detergent is used than
> is necessary.  But, regardless of the amount used, proper and thoroughly
> rinsing is important, so as much detergent "residue" is removed from the
> fabric.  Also, don't wash the T-shirt and use fabric softener.  To keep
> things simple, fabric softener also leaves a residue on the cloth.
>
> I'm lucky in that my washing machine has provision for an extra rinse, so I
> don't have to be too concerned about getting a good rinse.  I always use an
> extra rinse.  And, because of the design of the machine @ Casa Belinkoff,
> there's no need to use much detergent at all, especially when doing a load
> of T-shirts.  They don't get that dirty to begin with.  It's not like
> you're washing a few pair of kid's jeans, gardening clothes, or mechanic's
> overalls.  You might be surprised at how little detergent is needed,
> especially with some of the newer machines.
>
> The next step is proper drying.  Over drying makes the fabric a little
> stiff and scratchy.  The dryer at Casa Belinkoff has a "dryness selector"
> and, over the years, I've been able to find a setting for cotton shirts
> that affords a nice, fluffy, dry shirt without over drying.  Again, none of
> those fabric softener sheets in the dryer.
>
> When the shirts are properly dried, they are folded and put in the T-shirt
> drawer almost immediately after removal from the dryer.  In my house that's
> mostly because the cats love to curl up on the freshly laundered shirts
> <LOL>, not because I'm especially compulsive about putting things away.
>
> You don't want to use a T-shirt that's too old, one in which the fabric has
> lost all the softness and fluffiness of a newer shirt.  The beauty of a
> good, 100% cotton shirt is that it can retain its softness for a long time
> if cared for properly.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Shel

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com