> I've been thinking of upgrading the 2450 to a 4990 or V700 since I
> have this 645 here to play with. I'm just not sure yet how much I'll
> do with it so I'm a little reluctant to spend the money as yet. I'd
> love a Nikon 8000 but it's pricier than I want to go for.

The Epson 4990 is a great scanner (potential for newton rings aside), and I
used it almost every day in my last job.  Just know that if you want to scan
MF film at a high resolution with ICE enabled, you'll be waiting a long
time.

That's the advantage that dedicated film scanners (like the Nikon CoolScan
8000 I also used at work) have over flatbeds: speed.  Dedicated film
scanners are sooooo much faster than flatbed scanners.

As soon as I get back on my feet (STILL haven't found work! Ugh!), a used
Nikon 8000 is high on my list of things to get.  It's not worth shooting my
6x7 without one.

John Celio

--

http://www.neovenator.com

AIM: Neopifex

"Hey, I'm an artist.  I can do whatever I want and pretend I'm making a
statement."