On 11/25/06 6:53 PM, "J. C. O'Connell", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The body technique has many advantages
> over the lens technique, but for film bodies,
> its a no go, thats probably the sole
> advantage of the lens technique, it works
> for either film or digital.

I do not have a K100D and am still waiting for the K10D.
I have a couple of Canon IS zooms (consumer grade, 28-135 and 75-300) and
one thing I might miss would be the confident feeling of the finder image
actually stabilize as you peep.  In the end, we get the same benefit, be it
an in-camera or an in-lens system, but for the DSLR, through the lens
confirmation of how the image is being stabilized would be beneficial (aside
from the argument of possible image degradation due to additional lens
system required for IS etc).
I am so used to in-lens stabilization but the ability to make any lens into
the stabilized ones would eventually prevail.  Don't know what happens when
they ever go FF, but that's another story which we have no way of knowing
for now :-).

Ken