Follow-up note:
I tried my Kirk tripod plates from the *istD on the K10D. They don"t
quite fit - no surprise. What did surprise me is that the K10D is
slightly slimmer, front to back, at the lens centerline on the base
plate. So the Kirk *istD plate overlaps the front edge by about 1/8
inch. I guess I would have know that if I had studied the published
dimensions...

Stan