Lots of answers, huh, Dave?  I especially like the ones that say I have
heard bad things about paypal so I don't use it, they seem the most
emphatic.

I have used paypal for several years. I do not do a lot of dollars
through my account so just have the basic dealer setup where I can
accept payments from credit cards. Yes paypal charges for that service,
why shouldn't they, they are nice enough to only change per transaction
instead of having a monthly service charge whether you use them or not.

If I did a lot of transactions I would probably have two paypal accounts
as a couple of folks have mentioned they do. One setup to a separate
checking account to accept credit cards, and one setup to a credit card
only for buying stuff for the simple reason it is easier to do credit
card purchases if there is no balance in that paypal account. As it is
mine is simply connected to my regular checking account.

Which brings up the point that paypal takes the money back if the buyer
makes a complaint. Not always, but the credit card company will usually
find for the buyer unless the seller can prove he is lying, and takes
the money from paypal, paypal should eat the loss? That is standard
credit card company practice, and US law anyway, do some people use that
to cheat other people? I guess it happens, but not too often. Mostly it
is the sellers fault in not making things clear up front.

Paypal is convenient as hell, I do not know how one can do business over
the internet without it unless one has their own credit card merchant
account, and that is more expensive unless you are doing a lot of business.

--graywolf