No Dave it's more like half speed USB all over again!

Samsung are on the board of the SD card association, Pentax are just
members. No sign of Hoya(!) Canon are on the board. Imagine the
winging from their current compact flash user base if they went over
to SD cards in their SLR's.

My advice is to go on using quick 2GB cards for now. Once they have
made enough money selling slow SDHC cards to the uninformed punters,
the cards will suddenly speed up.

Regards

Peter