On Dec 22, 2006, at 7:01 AM, mike wilson wrote:
>> Perhaps. But to me the photographs have always been more important
>> than the tools that make them. In the end, what people respond to are
>> the prints and web images, no one really cares what camera they came
>> out of other than an equipment buff.
>
> You say that as if being an equipment buff is a bad thing,  Yet
> doesn't "working the way you like" make you an equipment buff?
> ;-)

No. An equipment buff enjoys the equipment for its own sake. There's
nothing wrong with that but it's not "photography", which is my
interest.

I buy the equipment for the sake of making photographs and want the
equipment to work the way I need it to for that purpose. I do enjoy
using good equipment too, but that's a secondary result of it making
the photographs I want.