On Dec 25, 2006, at 2:22 PM, John Sessoms wrote:

> I currently have the *ist-D and a PZ-1P. Neither has proved really
> satisfactory for sports photography in continuous auto-focus, although
> the PZ-1P holds a slight edge.

The *ist D was a bit too slow overall to satisfy my desires, and I
generally don't need speed very much at all. I have no knowledge or
interest in the PZ-1p.

I think you would be quite surprised with the responsiveness and
speed of the K10D. Here's a timing test with 45x, 60x and 150x cards:
   http://homepage.mac.com/godders/Pentax-DS-150x-timing/

The DA*50-135/2.8 and DA*60-250/4 lens will be available some time in
2007.