Well, I do not feel all that sorry for you. If sea level was to rise a
half-meter half or Flordia would be gone, if it rose a meter there would
just be a few little islands where millions of people now live. And they
would only be a small percentage of the people effected through out the
world. A lot of Holland, I understand, is actually below sea level.

On the other hand, here is some homework for you. How many gallons of
water would have to be added to the worlds oceans to raise sea level 1/2
meter? Next question, how many gallons of water are in the worlds ice
caps. Now last question, if the worlds mean temperature went up 10
degrees, how long would it take to entirely melt the ice caps.

One of the things that we forget is just how big a place the world is.
We think in terms of our town, our city. I have crisscrossed the US by
car, train, bus, and a lot of it on foot. Even with that experience it
is so big I have a hard time imagining it. The US is a only a small
portion of the land in the world. The oceans are 3 times as big as all
the land combined. Think of that.

Oh yes, and quit watching disaster movies.