On 12/29/06 8:02 PM, "Bob W", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do any of you have these, and would like to comment? Any others I
> should consider?

I am not particularly a bino person but I have this exact model.  It is good
for walk-about purpose but x8 might be a bit short for bird watching,
depending how close you want to see them.  If you just watch birds in urban
ravine etc, it might be good as it is compact and light.  I like it very
much for general purpose.  It has rubber armour and it never fogged in the
last 10 years or so since I bought it new.

I have a big spotting scope for my other shooting hobby and that brings
everything very close, but perhaps not too practical for bird watching
because of very narrow field of view.

8x42 is actually very good compromise between the power and the FOV, and
that was the main reason I picked it.
I do not know much about other models.

Ken