From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
William Robb
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:30 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Let Me Bore You a Second Time

While the fellas were out for their evening constitutional, I looked at the
heavens and saw a very clear sky with the moon in a location that I could
take pictures of it easily.
So, I set up the rig again, and went about photographing it again.
This time, I set the focus most carefully, and used a cable release on the
camera, along with the 3 second delay.
Then, I decided to ramp up the ISO to see if I could get some noise.
There are three shots of the moon on this page, the top was shot at ISO 100,
the middle at ISO 400, the bottom was shot at ISO 1600.
Again, this series was shot with the A600/5.6 with the 2XL converter
mounted. I attempted to process each file as close to identically as I
could, though I gave the ISO 1600 file less sharpening as it was showing
noise at that point.

http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrobb/pictures/moon/moons.html

Anyway, as a technical experiment, it seems successful, as a photograph, the
subject line says it all.

William Robb

14:58