On 1/4/07, Mark Dalal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >> So how well does TTL work on DS? What does one lose from P-TTL?
> >
> > P-TTL with the built in flash does pretty well if you are not one of
> > those people whose eye-blink reflex timing is a problem.
>
> How about with a flash on the hot shoe? How would the DS do with a regular
> TTL flash like the 500FTZ or AF280T vs. the newer FGZ series?
>
> I'm gearing up to purchase a flash and trying to decide what would give me
> good results at a good value.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark

I can't comment on the DS or the AF280T, but with the D, I have more
consistent results with the AF540 FGZ than I did with the AF500 FTZ.
Also, the wireless capabilities of the FGZ flashes open up all sorts
of creative possibilities.

If you can't quite spring for either the 360 of 540 FGZ, the 500 FTZ,
is pretty good once you understand it's limitations.

Now if Pentax could hurry up and fix the K10D to do wireless with the
on board flash, I'd be a happy camper.

Cheers,

Dave