Charley sits in front of the El Cerrito Post Office almost every day.  Over
a period of months I've come to know a little about him, and have sometimes
helped him out.

Today I had my camera handy - it was in my hand rather than in the Domke
case - and when he saw it he became quite interested, which led to a little
more back story.  We sat and talked a bit about his past, about photography
in general, about Nikon and Canon in particular, and it seemed like today
would be the perfect day to start working on his portrait.  This is the
first snap, but there will be more to come.  He wasn't feeling well today -
he has emphysema and he was suffering from a bad cold or flu as well.  So,
forgive the quick grab - I'm posting it here as an introduction to an
interesting and well-liked local character.  A lot of people who frequent
the post office look out for him, and care enough to know a little (or a
lot) about him.

http://home.earthlink.net/~my-pics/charley.html

Tech Details: istDS, K30/2.0 @ f/5.6, ISO 200, 1/100 sec

Shel