I tested by doing multiple data transfers, both directions, of full 1
and 2 G cards on four computer systems (my mac os x desktop and
laptop, a friend's windows XP desktop and laptop). Of the six card
readers I tested, only the Sandisk did this 100% reliably with 2G
cards at that time (last may). All of them worked reliably with 1G
cards.

I hope that more readers have become reliable since, but I haven't
explored any new readers since as I am waiting for more SDHC
compatible readers to become available.

Godfrey