----- Original Message -----
From: "John Celio" Subject: Re: How does one unlock an SD card??

> Bent pins are a nightmare, because you have to support the customer for
> something they did from not following the instructions.  It's not a
> manufacturing defect, but the customer will usually piss and moan like it
> is.

I didn't see many bent pins in cameras, amazingly enough, but our card
readers kept getting damaged, including one glorious time when a girl
managed to bend a pin into something that was powered, shorted out the
reader, which in turn blew the MB of the countertop unit, causing all the
smoke to leak out.
The biggest problem we had was with cards that hadn't been formatted that
wouldn't read in the readers at all, though they would read in camera.
The second biggest problem we had was Sony Memory Sticks.

William Robb