I don't agree.

Positive feedback from a seller regards a buyer means the buyer paid
the invoice according to the stipulations of the transaction and
communicated in a fair and sensible manner. If the buyer didn't pay
or paid late, or otherwise acted obnoxiously, a note to the ebay
staff and neutral or negative feedback would be indicated.

Positive feedback from the buyer regards a seller means the seller
responded to queries, described the item accurately and shipped
promptly, and that the merchandise was received and met approval. If
any of these things is out of line, then neutral to negative feedback
is appropriate if you are being fair and honest about it.

These are two entirely separate sets of criteria. Why should the
seller's feedback on the buyer happen after the buyer says the
merchandise is ok?

Any other way of thinking about it means that your judgement on the
buyer's end of the transaction is contingent upon how they feel about
you acted, which poses a quiet threat or bribe. I feel this is
unethical behavior.