How many frames did you shoot with the Battery 2. I generally use mine
the same way -- with a lumiquest bounce -- and I've never drained it
completely. But I haven't shot a full wedding in decades. I think my
most ambitious outing with flash has been around 300 frames. I'm also
very careful to keep the battery conditioned. If I don't use it for a
couple weeks, I put it on charge overnight anyway. It's a lead acid
battery, so it's like a car battery. It needs frequent charging. Of
course, any lead acid battery loses capacity over time.
Paul