On 2/24/07, Brian Dunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So what can you do with these things?  Get several, set them all to an auto
> mode, add a trigger to each, and light up the room from many directions at
> once.

Humm. Good idea. I already have one, and am looking for something to
used in a store situation for people and pets during Xmas and all.

What would you be thinking of, flashes set on tripods with the off
camera flash shoe adatptors and a PC cable from the camera to the
flashes.(could these be used in a wireless trigger mode at all??)
Would you suggest using something like the better bounce card or
lumiquest diffusers and adjust exposure for that, or back wards into
an umbrella.

I hope, in May, to answer these and other light questions, as i have
found a night class in a Barrie Ontario CC, to learn portrait and
studio lighting.
>From what i have heard from someone i sort know who took it last fall,
is its pretty layed back, and he'll show you what ever each person is
interested in. I think this will be $150 well spent.

Dave Brooks

> Compared to an expensive flash unit, you could get one of these and use the
> rest of the money for a nice lens.
>
> You can take them with you if you ever switch brands.
>
> The 383 in particular is very compact for its power.  It also has a full set
> of manual power levels so you can use it in a studio for a hair or rim light.
> The 285 has one less power level setting but is also useful in the studio.
>
> Use NiMH batteries.
>

> Brian
>
> --
>
> Brian Dunn Photographic