On Mar 8, 2007, at 4:52 PM, K.Takeshita wrote:

>> You mean I cannot voice my opinion that I don't give a rat's ding-
>> dong what it looks like? And you can voice your opinion that it is
>> ugly?
>
> I do not think this is the point.  And I was just joking on Sony's
> mockup.
> It is not what you or we said but .....
> I know why I said what I said. But there is no pint going beyond
> here.  You
> have been helpful in many areas.

Then what *IS* the point, Ken? You want me to relax and yet you
continue to insinuate that there is something wrong with my voicing
my opinion. If you're accusing me of something, it would be nice to
know right up front what it is. Otherwise, cut out the BS.

I say again:

I don't give a damn what Sony's new pro DSLR looks like. It looks
like a camera to me. A Pentax 645 looks like an ungainly box with a
pipe on the front and a handle. A Hasselblad is another fugly box
with a pipe stuck on it. The fact that those two are superb cameras
is what's important. These are my opinions. I don't know what Sony's
new box is yet. I see no reason to disparage it by calling it ugly.

What's in it? how does it perform? how much will it cost? what is the
quality of the lenses available for it? ... These are questions I'm
interested in the answers to.

If you want to discuss beautiful toys, by all means, but don't make
insinuations about my opinions. I didn't opine that you were an idiot
for considering it ugly.