I guess it depends on your use of wide angle.
What * I * would do if I had the choice now would probably to buy the
12-24 for two reason:
* it goes wider but also allows to go up to 24mm (which is not really
a wide lens anymore)
* I dot not (till now) use wide a lot. Using a 12-24 is flexible. If I
use the lens a lot I could enable myself later with a better optical
and faster lens which would be the DA14/2.8.

Reading the comments of those who own it, it seems the 12-24 is really
a very fine lens so I'd buy this one. But this reasoning is only valid
(for me) because I do not use wide a lot.

2007/3/17, Maris V. Lidaka Sr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Amateur here - which lens do you think preferable?  I understand that a
> fixed lens is generally sharper, but 12-24mm is tempting.
>
> Maris
> Digital 14mm F2.8 or 12-24mm F4.0?

Thibault Massart aka Thibouille