I would suggest a "Space Blanket" not the silver mylar film kind which
is almost impossible to refold, but the heavier type with one side
colored. It weighs only ounces and is rather tough, you could probably
fit it in your camera bag. It will also keep you dry when the ground is
wet. Google "MPI Space Blanket" to see what I am talking about.

However, what you asked about is called a "picnic blanket", I think. I
see them at Wal-Mart every now and again. Looks like a small nylon
fleece lap blanket with a shoulder strap added.

-graywolf