You are an idiot, Bill.

What I said and you know damn well what I meant, is that saying you have
been doing something for x years means nothing, there are many who learn
everything they know about it the first two weeks on the job and never
learn another thing after that. But the are the first to said, "You can
not tell mean anything about this, I have been doing it for twenty
years". In fact you can not tell them anything about it because they do
not want to know any more than they already do. Hence my BS detector
goes off when someone makes a statement like that.

You know a lot about photo technology, not because you have been in the
business 25 years, but because you are interested in what you are doing.
And probably would know almost as much if you only had a couple of years
experience. The fact is I probably don't know much more about anything
than I would learn in a couple of years, but usually I find out that
after a couple of weeks on any new job I know more than maybe one or two
other workers there.

Yeah, man, I have been doing photography since 1952, do I know more than
someone who has applied himself seriously to learning everything he can
for a couple of years? Hell no! Oh, I know a lot about things that no
one pays any attention to anymore, but what you need to know today? No way.

Same thing with computers, I learned to service them in the AF back in
1960-63. So I have been in computers for 45 years. Do I know more than
someone currently in the field that seriously gives a shit about what he
is doing? Hell no! But I bet he knows nothing about mechanical analog
computers <GRIN!>.

So, Bill, you can not tell me nothing, I have been around 63 years and
have forgotten most of what I knew when I was 16, when I knew
everything. Like you do today...

-