Men and women seem to see different things, and use different things
as reference points.

Men (at least in the UK) say things like 'turn left at the White Lion,
carry straight on past the Pig & Whistle then it's right in front of
you. You can't miss it'.

Women say things like 'turn left at Sainsburys, carry straight on past
Primark then it's right in front of you. You can't miss it'.

It was a man who gave me the most baffling directions I've ever
received. In a town I'd never visited before he told me to 'turn left
about 2 miles before you get to the big roundabout'.

--
 Bob