I'd love to help Dave, but my PC is still down for repairs.

Basically I don't do anything different when printing B&W, than I do
when printing colour (ie select the paper profile in the print setup
window, let PS determine colours, colour management off in the print
driver)

No doubt someone will be able to help soon.

Cheers,

Dave